What You Can Do About Nursing Home Abuse

California Nursing Home Neglect Lawyers

If you suspect that nursing home neglect is occurring, you probably have questions about what you can or should do. The answer, in simplest terms, is a lot. However, one of the most important things you can do is to involve an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer in the process as soon as possible.

Allegations of nursing home abuse have a high standard of proof attached to them. Contact the attorneys of Young & Wallin for help with putting together the documentation required to obtain a just result.

Nursing Home Abuse HelpAt Young & Wallin, we fight to protect and preserve the dignity of nursing home neglect victims in the Los Angeles area and throughout the state of California, and to obtain justice and compensation for them and their families. That said, clients can do much to help their own cause, help us accomplish those goals and help stop elder abuse from continuing. These include:
  • Visit the nursing home unannounced and at unpredictable times
  • Take photographs of injuries or living conditions
  • Ask questions of the nurses, doctors, dieticians, aides and other staff members
  • Write down observations about explanations that don’t make sense
  • Ask for copies of your loved one’s care plan and other medical information
  • Talk to the Ombudsman and/or the California Department of Health Services
Nursing homes and their insurers will go to great lengths to fight negligence claims. But because nursing home abuse is most often a systemic problem, documenting the pattern of neglect is critical and any information that you can provide will not be a wasted effort. It may also go a long way toward getting the results you deserve.

Dignity and Justice — Call (888) 999-0169

Call our Los Angeles area nursing home abuse law offices directly or contact us online right now with a brief description of your concerns. Initial consultations are free of charge and you will pay no attorneys’ fees unless we are able to obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf.