California Nursing Home Neglect LawyersIf you suspect that nursing home neglect is occurring, you probably have questions about what you can or should do. The answer, in simplest terms, is a lot. However, one of the most important things you can do is to involve an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer in the process as soon as possible.
Allegations of nursing home abuse have a high standard of proof attached to them. Contact the attorneys of Young & Wallin for help with putting together the documentation required to obtain a just result.
At Young & Wallin, we fight to protect and preserve the dignity of nursing home neglect victims in the Los Angeles area and throughout the state of California, and to obtain justice and compensation for them and their families. That said, clients can do much to help their own cause, help us accomplish those goals and help stop elder abuse from continuing. These include:
- Visit the nursing home unannounced and at unpredictable times
- Take photographs of injuries or living conditions
- Ask questions of the nurses, doctors, dieticians, aides and other staff members
- Write down observations about explanations that don’t make sense
- Ask for copies of your loved one’s care plan and other medical information
- Talk to the Ombudsman and/or the California Department of Health Services